FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introduction of "new" sleeper service on some flights
Old Sep 18, 2003, 4:27 am
Gaza

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
No, no, no, no, no!

IMHO this is a very bad move.

Over the last few years more than 60% of my Premium Cabin travel has been on leisure, therefore I don't have a great need to be fully awake and refreshed on arrival. As it is, even with the CW bed I find sleeping on aircraft very difficult. I'm not a very deep sleeper and even minor turbulence tends to wake me. I also find the cabins too hot. As others have mentioned being forced to sleep at 8:00 pm is not good. As someone who rarely goes to bed before midnight I would not find it easy to sleep at these times. I much prefer to eat, have a few drinks and catch up on all those movies I've been wanting to see!

I am all for a quick meal service in the air and an early lights out, but they have to allow those of us who want to enjoy the service to do so.

The suggestion of a VS style snooze cabin is good, but I don't think I would be too pleased to find myself being forced in to such a cabin. 99% of the tme it would not be a problem as I would prebook a seat in the normal cabin. Having only flown VS UC twice (LHR-JNB-LHR) I have no real experience of their overnight service. Does it work? What happens if you wnat full service but find yourself in the snooze zone?

Regardless of how BA are dressing this up I suspect it is purely a cost cutting measure.

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk