FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 28, 2023, 1:07 pm
shawnd300

Hotel Cancellation Policy-

For a christmas/new year's reservation the award cancellation policy is: non-refundable/100% deposit due at booking. My hyatt concierge warned me prior to accepting my booking that this policy means that if I were to cancel the reservation, the points would be refunded but I would be charged a full cash rate for the cancelled rooms. Based on my reading I assume a no-show would have the same policy of refunding the points and charging a full cash rate.

My question is - would I be able to change my reservation to a future stay to avoid this cancellation/no-show policy that I am uncomfortable with? The cash rates are ridiculously high at that time of year and I understand the non-refundable but am not comfortable with something coming up that prevents me from making it and being charged over $1,500/night. If i was able to change my dates to the future and either: 1) stay at those future dates, or 2) cancel the new stay which would be during a more flexible policy period.