FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introduction of "new" sleeper service on some flights
Old Sep 17, 2003, 2:42 pm
ScottC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Greg66:
So, get on board, get given "a" drink and a biscuit, then lights out. Hmmm.

Fairly clear that the aim here is to move catering off the plane and onto the ground. No doubt that's a fair saving in cost, for food, wine, and FA - I can't see how BA could fail to follow this up with a cut in the number of FAs serving flights where this is in operation.

The idea of eating on the ground is not going to suit everyone by a long chalk. I, for example, like the later check afforded by J, and wouldn't want to check in late and then run to the lounge to wolf down a meal before lights out on the plane.

I'm also curious about the Arrivals Lounge. Who uses one *out of choice*? I never have, because when I arrive, I'm never connecting, and so the next step of the journey involves leaving the airport ASAP. I can see the Arrivals lounge serves transit pax and those with time to kill before a meeting, but who else uses the Arrivals lounge? And so, who's going to go there for breakfast?

Overall, I think I'd have preferred to hear that BA were going to make a concerted effort to serve dinner as quickly as possible after take off, and serve breakfast as late as possible. Oh well...
</font>
I *LOVE* the arrivals lounge, I usually fly on to AMS and the lounge gives me the chance to have a decent breakfast and a shower. It's always quieter than the gold/first lounge as well.