FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help: BA to Wideroe Airlines [separate booking, Winderoe time/airport change]
Old Apr 28, 2023, 3:02 am
Calm down dear

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OK, so a different flight number, different airports, different times, so I think we can safely describe.this as a cancellation and suggested replacement. Their terms and conditions may well require acceptance within 2 weeks, but in EC261 there is no requirement to dance to Widerĝe's demands. In EC261 a cancellation of this type gives passengers the right to choose between various options, but no requirement to choose them by a particular timeframe. There are 3 provisions in EC261 that protect you: the general requirement for a high level of protection to passengers; the customer's right to choose a refund and a requirement that EC261 supersedes any conflicting terms and conditions. So I would have no hesitation in taking this up with Widerĝe via MCOL. They are not on an ADR system, so you could get the CAA to investigate, but the CAA will be both slow and unable to force Widerĝe to comply. Clearly taking attention to their emails will count against you, it's a fairly basic thing to do, but since you are looking at this well before departure - and thus Widerĝe can sell the seat - then I think you have a good case.

What was the nature of this change please? It really helps to be specific in this area. If it was 18:55 to 13:10 I'm trying to work out why you paid, since Widerĝe must offer a rebooking with a change of that degree.
Thanks CWS - The original booking was at 1310 on 01/07, they sent an email with a "minor" change by memory to be an hour earlier, I decided that for sanity I would pay to change to the Sunday flight at 1240hrs. I have also found another email in junk changing the Sunday Heathrow flight from my 1240hrs dep to a 1855hrs dep. Then comes the 26th Jan email changing both the airport and time and flight number.
So Wideroe have refused to refund - I have the chat transcript - do I need to give them a warning for MCOL ie reach out to them again ? The ticket cost for 2 is £384 so these were not cheap (but when I booked they really suited us!) and wrongly thought wideroe (being at LHR and all that) was some sort of SAS subsidiary as am sure when I booked various SAS routes were also offered.