FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much can UA reps do to reroute during IRROPS
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:29 pm
Pi7473000

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
I have noticed how dependent new United employees are on the app. I have encountered employees who can't do more that what I can do on the app and I have had to get a supervisor. It seems like the newer United employees have little knowledge of how to get things done efficiently compared to more experienced employees. I had a delayed flight to SFO this past month. I rerouted myself through the app from DEN to Jackson Hole. Jackson Hole to SFO. The DEN to Jackson Hole became delayed so I would miss the connection to SFO. The app would only allow me to get to SFO now through Jackson Hole. when I went to the counter for help the agents in DEN checkin had the same issue. They only wanted me to get to SFO through Jackson Hole. It took 3 employees to help and an hour support to get me back on a later nonstop. Before the pandemic United employees seemed to be much better with rerouting. Now many employees don't know anymore than average person looking at the app. The app seems to really limit thinking.