FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF F Vs AA
Thread: QF F Vs AA
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2023, 6:27 pm
happiest_at_40000

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Did AA offer/suggest/request to put you on the AA flight?
QF will know nothing about AA miles refund for another airline/class of travel. Not in QF's control.
Have you checked (paid) availability to BNE or MEL?

Good luck
AA offered nothing but to cancel it. I mean for 3 hours they were trying and on with their help desk then the OW help desk. I mean looking back at it I dont understand any of it. I should have called QF first but everyone on here always says an award ticket has to be handled by calling the airline who you used miles with, which makes sense.

I am on with QF now and they are being very helpful (after I explained DL One is NOT first class) but ya they are rebooking me but its just 1 day later is the rule thats the max but since tomorrow is full he let me go 1 more day and I got a seat on Saturday. I am still so perplexed by all of this b/c how can QF make a change on an AA award ticket. Also, is it going to show in the AA app? I guess I will find out soon. The interesting thing is I had SYD-MEL leg on this original ticket and didnt even remember I had that because I later decided it made more sense to see SYD first and just go to MEL on VA. So right now on AA app the LAX-SYD QF 12 that was cancelled is not showing and just my SYD-MEL flight is showing for the 22nd, which obviously I dont need.

QF agent is finalizing the override and seems to be handling things. Just have to no change VA flights and hotels & figure out if I can make it home no issues for a decent price on a new date.

I am going to lose my perfect 4A seat though... I am in row 5 in the middle but 5A is showing open but not avail til check in for some reason. He said he will put a request in so I can get it but I mean if anyone buys a ticket then they will get that seat unless their system knows to move my me/my request to A and them to the middle, which I highly doubt. Was hoping to have the A side since everyone says its the best. And 4A with 5A open could have meant sit in 4, sleep in 5. But still all in all this turned out Ok. Now onto VA and hotels and changing the return.

Dont understand why AA wasted 3 hours of my time. AA/OW, someone there keeping me on all that time for absolute nothing.