FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:10 am
kvez

Programs: AA CK, AC Super Elite, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I had a similar dream, although mine was more like a nightmare....
The story:
CK for 10 years; AAirPass for 9.
Last year: 746K LP, AA spend was $57,400, all in C or J.. 5 Intl trips in J; the rest were domestic. Based in a small outstation where connections are always "iffy"
Fearing the usual apprehension of not being renewed, I reached out to AAirPass customer service on Nov 28 and asked about buying a new AAirPass which would come with automatic CK. Quoted $60K, which I expected. The CSR then said, "Why would you buy a new AAirPass now; just wait until the new year, see if you're going to be renewed, and then buy it if you need it". Following her advice, I topped my existing AAirPass off with a $15K buy (it expires at the end of April). I received a very nice eMail from them (with my receipt) later that day reiterating our conversation and her advice. Everyone knows what happened 2 days later...no more AAirPass. The funny thing (maybe naive thing) is that I believe their advice was heartfelt; don't believe they had any idea the program was ending.

Wrote a very nice (I thought) email asking for reconsideration; I attached a copy of the email. Also pointed out my upcoming travel which is all paid. Said in my note that I could accept not qualifying and not being renewed as others had been. But that these circumstances were a bit different as AA talked me out of it. Got a call back from Exec offices. Very sympathetic, she understood I acted on some bad advice. But she said she submitted it for reconsideration and was declined. Her advice: "just keep doing what you're doing and we'll review things periodically. Hopefully you'll make it on the next round".

Not me. I submitted 2 fully-paid $16K tickets for refund, and I'm going to UA/AC. My loyalty has simply not been reciprocated. I can accept being unilaterally dropped like many others (though the algorithm mystifies me) but I had hoped that given the situation with AAirPass, they would have done the right thing. They didn't.

I simply don't trust them anymore.