FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [SHUT DOWN] Unofficial Advanced AC Reward Search Tool (cowtool)
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:14 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Having just noticed how big the text at the top of the wiki is, I just want to say "lol".

I've also edited the wiki a bit.

First, in terms of the PM, if the subject is "cowtool access", and the body is your email address, that's ideal. I'm literally just going through PMs copying and pasting stuff to grant access. The worst you can do is add a period to the end of your email address, because it adds extra effort, since Windows seems to like highlighting everything between the spaces. But I absolutely do not need three paragraphs of text. I appreciate that sometimes it's "can I send you money" or "even if you're not accepting money, can I buy you a drink" or "even if you're not accepting anything with monetary value, is there a charity you'd like me to send money to". But the answer to the first two questions is always no, and (if I actually ready your PM) the answer to the third question is "totally not necessary, but pick whatever suits you". But honestly, the shorter the message, the easier it is for me.

Second, you are not bypassing the restrictions outlined in the wiki. I don't know why so many people try. Regardless of anything else, if your PM doesn't have a valid cowtool account email, it gets ignored. If it does have have a valid cowtool account email, and you have not met the requirements, you get permanently blocked from this tool. There is nothing to gain from PMing me with 0 posts. Or 24 posts.

I'd written a "Third, ...", but I realized it was better left unsaid.