FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone consider which side the Sun is on when selecting seats?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 7:50 am
Globehopper

Originally Posted by Jimbo
I find myself thinking about which side of the aircraft the sun will end up shining on and then avoid sitting on that side. I'm one of those that likes to look out of the window and don't want to be blinded by the sun. Therefore, when I fly between LAX and NRT, I usually sit on the right hand side. Same on the return since the morning sun usually hits the left side of the aircraft after flying through the night. IAD to GIG, I will sit on the right hand side and GIG-IAD I'll be on the left hand side. LAX-MIA I sit on the left hand side and MIA-LAX, I'm on the right hand side. I don't recall this topic being discussed on other threads. I wonder if other FT'ers besides me take into consideration which side the sun is on when deciding where to sit on their flights?
Yes, I too enjoy the vistas out of the window, and enjoy it even more so when the sun does not intrude-- so sun angles do factor in my seat selection considerations.