FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:27 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
IIRC, Hilton got into bed with Scandic c. 2001. By 2007, the separation process between the two was already in progress . That ditching of Scandic was a consequence of the US Hilton reconciling with the UK Hilton/Hilton Worldwide part of Hilton c. 2006.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...c-Hotels-brand

[I could say a few things about EQT, but I won't here.]

In 2008, I noticed that I been a casualty of the final divorce. I had been burned by the final split when somehow Scandic (in Copenhagen) managed to draw down Hilton points out of my account for stays where I had already presented Hilton award certificates in paper forum that covered those stays in 2007. Neither Scandic nor Hilton ever did me right for that blunder on their part despite my well-documented paper trail at the time. Don't recall how many Hilton points I lost because Hilton let Scandic draw down my account even after I had already had my account drawn down to get the proper paper award certificates (with certificate numbers) to use for at least a dozen Scandic Copenhagen room nights in 2007.
Hilton UK apparently offered 612 million GBP in 2001 for Scandic, without googling the detailed exchange rates, it does not seem that it would have been a great deal to sell it again 6 years later for 1.1 billion USD. Depending on how many assets they cashed in on along the way, apart from your point stash that is.....