FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Atlanta (ATL): The Definitive Thread
Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:38 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zitsky
Can anyone advise minimum connection time going from RDU-ATL-FCO? Delta has changed our schedule 4 times already. We have a 1 hr 7 min connection in ATL. Will we change terminals, and if so, how easy or difficult is that? I have not been in Atlanta for several years. And we originally did not book such a short layover. When booked it was 1 hr 50 min. We travel May 11. Should we expect any weather problems?

I spent an hour chatting with Delta, error messages and all. I found an earlier flight out of RDU. But the Delta agent said "oh you have no availability in Comfort Plus on the ATL-FCO flight", despite already holding seats and a reservation. I don't understand this part.
MCT at ATL for this itin is still 40 min as indicated at the top of this thread. 1 hr 7 min should be fine. All concourses are connected airside at ATL. There are no security or immigrations checks for domestic to international connections in US (they just check passport when boarding). If there is weather in the area, you might want to see if you can get on earlier an flight, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.