FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF F Vs AA
Thread: QF F Vs AA
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2023, 7:52 am
FlightDetective

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I amazingly snagged a QF F award w AA miles and I’m having some 2nd thoughts. 110K is a lot of miles. I’ve always thought of QF as iconic and to fly in F on the A380 from LAX would be really cool. I just found an AA web special same day in F for 74K. Saving 36K miles for future use/trips would be nice but I feel like I’ll regret it if I do that. If it was CX F or JL F I get that 36K is worth it over what I’ll get w AA. Just w QF I’m not sure. I guess it’s really up to how important the 36K miles are to me. Just wondering though it is a pretty special experience and def better than AA right ?
It is almost impossible to get an F award on Qantas, so I would very much be keeping that and flying it, 36,000 miles be damned.

I recently splurged on DOH-SYD-DOH in F on Qatar, which cleaned me out of miles. This was in spite of people saying there is currently no Krug, no specific F pyjamas, no specific F amenity kit... I'm hopeful they'll come back before I fly. However, I am getting F on a Qatar A380, which will be gone in three years or less. F on a QF A380 will not be around all that much longer either. I would absolutely be taking the opportunity to do it now, as you may never get the chance to do it again.

(QF F is a bucket list item for me, it's just so difficult to ever find an award seat - so well done you!)