FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Apr 10, 2023, 4:23 pm
GNRMatt

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
I bought a new PC (running Windows 11) a few weeks ago, and clickthroughs aren't working from AA shopping to a number of merchants. I've tried using Edge, Firefox, and Chrome and it is consistent which stores work and which don't across all three browsers with no exceptions. I contacted Cartera about this and they gave me a few things to try, but none of them worked, and they can't help me any further. The stores not working on my new PC still work on the old PC, my work computers, and work iPad, so the issue is definitely with my new computer. I've reviewed browser security settings based on feedback from Cartera and everything looks in order. I have a free 1-year McAfee subscription on the new computer and i was running a Norton product on the previous one. I've toyed with the McAfee settings a bit, to no avail.

Does anyone have any tips? If it matters, below is a list of some stores that work and don't work:

Works: Marriott, Best Buy, Walmart, Chewy, Petsmart, Petco

Doesn’t Work: Hilton, Macy’s, IHG, Best Western, Viator, Uniqlo, Vitacost, Apple, Newegg, Home Depot, Overstock, Staples, Office Max, Walgreens
I'd try fully un-installing McAfee. Also, do you have any VPN running on the new machine (from McAfee or any other source)? VPN's can definitely cause issues getting things to track. Same thing goes for any type of pop-up/ad blocker.