FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 - 2024 LAX Connections and Transfers Thread
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:08 am
phh1998

Programs: BA Silver, CX Silver
Int.-to-Domestic - 2h20m AA connection at T4 Eagle's Nest vs. 2h AS connection at T6

I am looking at two possible international-domestic connecting flights through LAX with a similar price, and was wondering which is the better and safer option when connecting from an international flight arriving at TBIT in the evening around 7/8pm. The whole ticket (the ticket, sold through BA, will include both international and domestic legs on one ticket, connecting at LAX) will be in J, so I should have access to priority security lanes (where available), but I do not have PreCheck or Clear.

Option 1:
2h 20m of connecting time
Transfer from a BA flight arriving at TBIT around 6pm to an AA (Eagle) flight departing from T4 Eagle's Nest for SJC.
This is the last AA flight of the day from LAX-SJC, though there are still one or two AS LAX-SJC and AA LAX-SFO flights remaining scheduled for later in the evening should a rebooking be necessary due to delays and immigration/customs queues.

Option 2:
2h of connecting time
Transfer from a BA flight arriving at TBIT around 6pm to an AS flight departing from T6 for SFO.
There are still several more LAX-SFO and LAX-SJC AS and AA flights remaining scheduled for later in the evening should a rebooking be necessary due to delays and immigration/customs queues.

Taking into account walking distance between TBIT and T4 vs. TBIT and T6, T4 vs. T6 security wait times around 7/8pm, the availability of Priority Security lanes (on a J ticket but no PreCheck or Clear) in T4 vs. T6, and extra time required for the Eagle's Nest bus, which is the better option given both options are of a similar price?

Last edited by phh1998; Apr 2, 2023 at 10:52 am Reason: Adding title to increase clarity of post