FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:59 pm
Petdog

Originally Posted by jianglai
Anyone had experience doing walk-ins for the interview? I applied through the Nexus program so I can only schedule the interview at a Nexus center... Was thinking about doing a walk-in at a global entry location in New York, but called JFK and they said they only do appointments and only do Global Entry and not Nexus (not sure if the person understood me correctly that I am completing an APEC interview).
I did a walk-in at JFK T4 on a Thursday afternoon in mid-March. I had my letter, passport, driver license (proof of address), and business card with me. A CBP agent took me right away; asked me some questions to bring my file current (employment info) and understand my reasons for getting the card; and took my photo and signature. It took perhaps 10 minutes. I received my card in the mail roughly two weeks later.

I have Global Entry, not Nexus, so your experience may not be comparable.

Last edited by Petdog; Apr 1, 2023 at 11:15 pm Reason: forgot they collected my signature