FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish Denied Boarding in PEK
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2023, 10:04 pm
ny110010001

LOT Polish Denied Boarding in PEK

I'm hoping someone can give me guidance regarding my situation. I booked a business class flight flying from PEK-WAW-FRA-JFK. PEK-WAW-FRA is on LOT Polish and FRA-JFK is on Singapore Airlines. This is all on one ticket. I booked this by transferring credit card points (87k) to Aeroplan. When I got to PEK, I was denied boarding since the agent said the way I booked the flight was flagged as fraudulent. They asked me where I got my miles to book this flight and I explained it was through credit card points transfer and the agent said there is no such thing which I tried to refute but they refused to listen. I then called the LOT Polish customer service and explained my situation. The representative on the phone agrees with me that my booking is valid and even offered to talk to the LOT Polish agents at PEK to explain the situation. I passed my phone to them and again, it was pretty obvious that they just refused to accept this as a valid booking. The representative then said she will call the manager of the LOT Polish office at PEK. Ultimately, she was not successful in persuading the manager and I was denied boarding.

I had to get back to NY soon, and LOT Polish did not offer me any alternative way to get me to my final destination. The next flight flying on LOT Polish to NYC was two days later and the price is nearly $5k for an economy flight. So I then just ended up booking Korean Air flying from PEK-ICN-JFK for around $5k on business.

Questions I have:
1. What are my chances in getting my 87k points back since I was denied boarding through no fault of my own and even LOT Polish customer service agreed that it was a valid booking and it was only the LOT Polish agents at PEK that said it was invalid.
2. Any ways I can get at least a portion of the $5k flight I booked on Korean Air reimbursed?

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks all in advance.

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 6, 2023 at 7:28 am Reason: Updating Facts