FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Convince me that I should go to Sicily
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2023, 3:51 pm
marcopizzaiuolo

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by annaschummi
Just got back from a weekend in Sicily with a person who has never been there before.
We stayed in Ortigia (Syracuse) and then made day trips to Noto, Marzamemi, Ragusa and Modica.
We were fortunate with the weather, 4 sunny days, pretty warm during the day, but extremely cold in the evening.
Already quite some tourists, mainly US, Germany and Poland. Very few Italians.
My planning error was to start visit in Ortigia - it is packed with Greek epoque monuments, while Val di Noto is more "recent" - only 1700s. Piazza Duomo in Siracusa was a wooooow effect, while Ragusa, which I adore and is more recent, was only a "very nice" effect.
Food is great as usual, my in my opinion, prices have significantly gone up, 5 years ago it was much cheaper. Still much cheaper than on the peninsula. However, 7 euro for a granita I consider it too high.
that is definitely too high.. I was there last September and I think to have had Granita everywhere, from Taormina (where you would expect to be higher) to Ortigia and never paid close to 7 euro. Maybe a very “posh” cafe with table service (where they would probably add “coperto”) could get close, but still struggle to see the €7 per granita

Pasticceria Artale, not far from the Duomo Square, would have been worth trying

Pasticceria Artale
+39 342 748 7318
https://maps.app.goo.gl/4KWfyPfXbZJB6P939?g_st=ic