FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation of Lifemiles ticket
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:51 pm
A320_driver

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
AI changed flight time by just 15 minutes

Departs: JFK on 18 Apr 23 at 11:40 instead of 11:55

Surprised to learn when I called Lifemiles that there is no charge for cancellation as there was schedule change by operating airline

So looks like " significant chage ( 2+ hours) " does not apply in every case. Or maybe I just lucked out with a very helpful agent

The whole call took 10 minutes, perfect English, very efficient.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I had a major buyers regret from redeeming for an Air India ticket from the United Kingdom.
AI changed a flight arrival timings by 20 minutes.
After reading this thread tried my luck with the call support, I found it very difficult to understand the English,
Struggled to convey my concern and he put me up with another person dealing with disruptions from the partner flights.

That person had much better english and before he could raise a request the call got dropped. (Ran out of international minutes)
With that disappointment I decided to give up and call it a night, Luckily within 10 minutes got a call back from the same support agent!
He called out of courtesy as the line got cut and gave me a ticket number and mentioned I will get a revert in 7 working days.
Within 12 hours I got the points back in my account and no money paid for cancellation. Just need to wait for that hefty 251$ UK tax back in my bank account.