FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New offer : 3 stays 6000 points
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2023, 8:00 am
curiousexplorer

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
I wonder what is the rationale of this offer. After all I think most cases of travel are based on the need to travel, and for holidays I don’t think many are booking lots and lots of holidays and waiting for these offers to pop out. 🤷‍♂️ Plus if you have a flexible booking you can cancel and rebook if the price is the same/similar so you get the points.

When it has a longer timeframe it makes sense, but for just a month or generally these offers with short windows are quite a curiosity. It’s a bit surreal for them to think we are going to quickly plan 2-3 trips in a short timeframe just to get bonus points.

Now going a bit beyond the scope of this, but maybe more personalised offers would make more sense. For example, they have a partnership with Flying Blue and with many other airlines. With your agreement, they could see what flights you have booked and see if you have an Accor booking for these periods or not. And then if you don’t they could make you an offer on that destination, discounts, 1 bonus night for 5 nights booked etc. Even more, higher discounts (or points bonuses) for premium properties to encourage you to book a more expensive hotel etc. 🤷‍♂️