FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable Facebook Post BA2262
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:23 pm
boerne

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
"The flight experience was not what they paid for, and no apologies for the attempted resuscitation from BA."

I have attempted resuscitations in many unlikely locations, the last on the beach in St. Johns USVI for 60 minutes. I called it. Once doing a tracheostomy that was successful. It is never pretty. On a plane it is likely to be a Pulmonary Embolism, especially in Y. It is super hard to do continued chest compressions in a narrow aisle on a plane. And you will have to change personnel because you get tired after a while. Young EMS people are a godsend. Sudden death is not ever very likely from lack of food or hypoglycemia. I have responded to many requests for a physician on a flight. Have never been compensated. Did not think I needed to be. Why would BA need to apologize for somebody dying on their plane? Boggles the mind. Since I have been faced with this issue here is a link for good samaritan medical professionals.

https://rapidresponserevival.com/202...ns-on-flights/

Naturally, during the course of this experience, it meant or flight services were halted and aside from the initial meal, drinks and flight mills were discontinued, so we did not receive a thorough flight experience that we had paid for. I am extremely infuriated by British Airways handling of this situation, following the flight because I would have expected some sort of communication from yourselves to those of us that have been on the flight, particularly close enough to have been impacted and witnessed the whole experience to check on our well-being, apologise for the experience and offer some sort of compensation