FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of award availability closer to travel
Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:23 am
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Cambo
Those deciding about extra redemption availability probably have no direct contact with OP as well zero options to notify OP, and the same may be an uncertain item for the person(s) handling this at the call-center. So, instructions from CX to OP would be a difficult item. The people in control can, for example, "just add" the availability and see what happens. If not solved, within a few days, just remove again.
I happen to know how agents can open availability to DMs over the line.

I also happen to know when Ticketing realised they've screwed up (I've redeemed something revenue didn't intend to allow for redemption, but they can hardly claim snapping up/contractual mistake inside a redemption program)
https://www.australianfrequentflyer....5#post-2514026 , they still can create and clear waitlists.

I managed to call in my redemption on the 24 Feb availability release (I can see but cannot complete that redemption online, it's a straight return, so I knew I was very likely taking advantage of a inventory error of theirs, They still have plenty of revenue availability for my days but they weren't keen and still aren't keen to release it as redemption), pay and get a eticket with 160- number but then status on CX MMB is Waitlist. I called again and agent conceded the redemption was not properly ticketed even though I received 160- number, they will send to Ticketing to fix and agent will call back. Subsequently, this is what they sent:

On 24 Feb 2023, at 1:34 PM, Notification <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Mr Smith,

Your booking on Economy Class of CX5xx (HKGXXX), xxJun23 has been confirmed. Please check details on Manage My Booking.
Agents did not help me create a waitlist - I was not allowed to remember?
Ticketing created the waitlist to fix the Waitlist status problem. It's akin to Apple Stores in HK not allowing refunds but they actually still have the refund buttons to fix screw ups they made.

The agent did not call back (you are right on that part), but, subsequent to that Notification email, I received a resend of my eticket and my status in CX MMB is now Confirmed.

So, Ticketing have the ability to clear OP but they didn't. So your whole premise of Ticketing not being to contact OP or clear his request is false. To add: in the two calls to create the booking and then to query the Waitlist status, I wasn't rude, pushy or behaved like a jerk in any way.

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 20, 2023 at 3:01 am