FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Maldives
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:00 am
LovetoTravel83

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jubbing
Has anyone opted for the half board at STR Maldvies? The info I got from them was as below:·Breakfast charges will apply as USD 65 per adult (12 years and above) per day and USD 35 per child (2-11 years) per day, subjected to 27.6% taxes and service charge.

·Dinner charges will apply as USD 90 per adult (12 years and above) per day and USD 45 per child (2-11 years) per day, subjected to 27.6% taxes and service charge.

Applicable at:

·Breakfast is served as a semi buffet, semi a la carte scrumptious affair at Alba restaurant from 07:00 am to 10:30 am daily.

·Dinner only available at ALBA is with a three course set menu exclusive of all beverages (starter, main course and dessert) and is exclusive of beverages.

·When not dining at ALBA, a Food Credit of USD 90.00 per adult per night subject to taxes and service charge is applicable at Cargo and Orientale only.

So essentially for two people, it is still around $400 per day with taxes. Are you missing out on dining experiences if you're just sticking around ALBA for dinner (though it does seem that you can swp to Cargo and Orientale)?
I've been at the STR 3 times (4th visit will be next month) and I never took a half board option. I believe that will limit your options. I think the pay $300 for $350 option is fantastic and should cover at least 70-80% of what will be ordered for lunch or dinner.