FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of award availability closer to travel
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:11 pm
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Cambo
Let me give another example: I often get some staff members at my desk, asking "Cambo, what do we do with this, we have no idea, and it can not be done ?".

The short answer is: "I don't know either".

But, we do have an idea in which rough direction a for us suitable solution would go. Let us explore ideas and options in that direction and see what comes out of that. This method needs to be repeated 1-2-3 times and (usually) converges to a solution, acceptable for both parties. And with hindsight, it is often so "obvious" that specific solution did come up, but at the beginning, it looked like an unsolvable chaos.
I like the work anology. Because it feels like it.
And I add to it that the relationship most of us have with CX agents are like people we have to work with who don't report to us and we can't fire. Their department has a theoretical SLA with us but their supervisor have not been seen to supervise recently - experienced staff know supervisors don't review recordings of phone conversations for quality control.

I don't think I ever had an agent attempt to propose a solution post-pandemic. All the ideas are initiated by me. Even on routings where I have flexibility like RTWs.

I also have to look out for agents who have training issues post-pandemic workup - when I sense an agent is going to waste my time, I don't get angry with them (which you seem to imagine), but I HUACA.

By trial and error I assert I know more than your average agent on what is actually possible or not possible - it is similar to reverse engineering their training material and actual system limitations. I even reverse engineered that one call centre (Manila) interprets a routing rule very differently (but consistently within Manila) to another (Tsuen Wan), and have taken advantage of the discrepancy.

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 18, 2023 at 9:22 pm