FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A tail of two flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2023, 11:51 am
atsak

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ok, so I would lay money on you getting G-YMMU on your flight back. The one and only aircraft with an interior of that vintage. If you want to share the date of departure we can check that and see if my theory is correct. It really shouldn't be flying for BA, and it is due to be refitted in the next few weeks (April?) but you can see the contrast with the A350 here. As you noted, though, if it was purely seat comfort, MMU has some things going for it in WT.

For the passageways, there is a very detailed guide in this forum, I would suggest you peruse the BA Forum Dashboard, there are a number of areas there which would have made your experience a lot easier. But you can see the logic here - if there were 1,000 people at the gate with 75 minutes warning, imagine that if there was twice that on 120 minutes warning. Note that the transits are one way, and people get confused by them as it is, so you can't just change gates easily here.
Ya it was G-YMMU. I'm glad they are refitting it. That probably would have killed half these issues, but it's embarrassing it's taken them so long.

I totally get there's probably better ways to do what we had to do, but that should be signed. Between terminals I walked (from 5 to 3) pretty easily in January so I think it can be done easily. Even a poster suggesting "trains busy? Try walking by following this map" would probably have helped but of course that's easily missed.

Thanks for commiserating.