FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Do 2023 - Tokyo - 6-9 April 2023
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2023, 8:39 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cocobird
When I requested the three extra days, I was advised my hotel could not extend the timeframe, and I was offered The Chinzanso Hotel. Didn't know anything about it except it was in central Tokyo, or so I was told. What I've looked at is Rome2Rio and Tripadvisor reviews, which seem to indicate some difficulties (not close to subway/trains, extended walking required uphill). It's in a residential neighborhood and looks beautiful. Was formerly a Four Seasons. Has extensive gardens and apparently is popular for weddings.
Let’s put it this way. I wouldn’t try to compare Chinzanso with Comfort Hotel Kanda. Chinzanso was a garden and a mansion belonging to Japanese nobility. Comfort Hotel Kanda has rooms which are 13-16 square meters in size. This link gives you a virtual tour of one of the rooms.
https://goo.gl/maps/PkoCbs5oDJKwiF7a6

Apart from the night of 8 April hotel availability in central Tokyo isn’t too bad, actually better than when I checked a few weeks ago.