FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking, change questions / issues / routing / excursionist problems / help
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:52 pm
Kmxu

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by snowoody
Not sure if this is new. I have been looking for ticket from US to China. It seems right now the search engine won't be able to price the itinerary well. For example, I can find segment availability SFO to ICN and ICN to PEK on UA website. But I cannot make it show up when I search SFO to PEK, even using multi-city search. Calling does not help either, as it seems the agent sees exactly the same thing I see. I can confirm the availability exists on other airlines website and can also be ticketed. Just want to get some advice if there's any work around on this?
I called 1K line twice for two different itineraries; one is US-TPE-PVG and the other is HGH-ICN-US. Agent tried to help; one agent tried to get help desk involved. No dice😂😂

Basically, you cannot find availability of either TOK-PVG or ICN-PVG. But the return is available. TPE-PVG/other Chinese cities are available both ways. US-China award ticket is impossible to get on any *A carrier.