FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex USA 4 or 5 "Credit" Card Limit.
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:54 am
happyvoid

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
After opening several NLL Biz Gold and Plat accounts in the last year, I reached 10 charge cards. A few days before opening my 4th NLL Biz Plat, I had cancelled one that had the AF on It (no retention offers). When I applied for the next NLL Biz plat offer, I was automatically declined. When I called about it, agent explained the 10 charge card rule. I explained about the one I had cancelled a few days earlier. Once she verified it, she resubmitted app and got the approval a few hours later. I’m also had 5 credit cards. I had a Delta Bus Reserve with no retention offer and decided instead of downgrading to the Gold version, just to apply for the Delta biz gold version and get the SUB. App was declined (reason - 5-card limit). I was told to cancel one and then they could reprocess. Cancelled the delta reserve biz, called back and a few hours later, Delta biz gold app was approved.

Now, my NLL offers have dried up (I can’t complain) but, I’ve downgraded some of the biz plats and will start cancelling some of the others so I can get back below the 10-charge card limit
so the system was not able to immediately recognized that you cancel the other amex platinium charge card? You had to manually do it over the phone?