FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WoH 2023 Category Changes to Take Effect on Mar 28
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:45 pm
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I would call it an art form but if we/I shared every last secret everyone would be doing it
*What I would say the basic focal points are below as follows
*Determine occupancy for your intended dates
*Know the business culture of the property are they Globe friendly?
*Does the property typically have much suite inventory to upgrade too
*Does the property know you from past stays have you built requests in your profile of what your favorite room suite types are @ the given property?
*Don't be afraid to call them out if upgraded rooms and suites are available.
*Do not depend exclusively on the Hyatt Concierge team some of the time select hotels consider them next to being beggars for elites sad but true.(Take a guess which properties)
*Be the guest you would want if you owned or managed the hotel.Say please thank you tip well and show appreciation especially when you wish to return.
If all else fails.Call Hyatt Consumer Affairs if it matters and have them intervene if you can confirm they are being dishonest
(did it once in 30 years) Typically unnecessary
Rinse repeat all of the above where necessary and appropriate
777 global mile hound With all due respect (seriously), that's a lot of steps to go through for a suite upgrade. Perhaps, the "wining and dining"-type steps are the difference? My preference is that I show up without any fuss (usually to a new property) and receive a suite upgrade when one is available. So far, that's what I have been able to achieve with Marriott as I have far too many stays to attempt any sort of optimization techniques.

Different strokes (and different programs) for different folks, I guess!