FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:20 pm
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
I have to say, I have some sort of problem just about every time I park here. Granted, many are due to construction, but some just seem to be errors in the system.

I recently arrived to park at P3. I get there and, guess what? Totally closed. I circle around and see a sign that says to go to P4. Fine. I pull in, show the woman my QR code and she lets me past the cones. But my QR doesn't work. I call, and then guy says that even though it's for that day, I used it weeks ago. Huh? I did park weeks ago, but that was a different reservation that got screwed up due to different construction in P2. So he theorizes that they applied this parking money to that time slot when they fixed it manually. Fine. Whatever. In the meantime, I have a flight to catch, I'm wasting time, and I now need to walk back over to Delta from P4. So he lets me in and says he'll work on it on his side.

I expect more fun when I try to get my car out in a few days.

The whole point of paying extra to park at the terminal is for the convenience and time savings and both are diminished when this doesn't work right.
I haven't had anything that bad, but the CTA is definitely flakier than the Economy parking. It's pretty common to pull up and have to show your reservation to a person to just make the left into the driveway of the parking area, and then have to talk to someone on the intercom to get the gate to open. Now that they seem to have the buses running frequently, I'm not convinced that there's any added convenience at all to parking in the CTA - you have to factor in the time driving in and out of the horseshoe, while the bus from Economy gets to use the express lanes.