FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue XP - does it reset after each status?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 8:01 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Great_circle
As I am about to hit a very modest Silver I was wondering the same thing and it seems to me that it's quite hard to progress through FB levels compared with frequent flyer programmes in other alliances
If I'm correct:.
Nope , go try do to the same in star alliance or other oneworld competitors and you wont regret BAEC or FB

For example, a EU to SE Asia trip with 4 segments in J (for example via DOH on Qatar Airways/OneWorld) would generate almost enough tier points in British Airways Executive Club for their mid-level tier 'Silver' (which is comparable with FB 'Gold).
However, regarding Flying Blue, a EU to SE Asia trip with 4 segments in J (via JED on Saudia/Skyteam) would generate 132 XP, which is not nearly enough for FB's mid-tier 'Gold'.
Its more the opposite , like you find a sweet spot rather than progress being hard

You will rarely find FFPs where you get status with one trip , or let alone a cheap one

They made changes to FB few years ago to make it hard to get status by flying lot of inexpensive short/middle haul flights

In a time where I probably have to move some of my travel from OneWorld to Skyteam this is not something I look forward to.
Then you need to assess if it is worth or not , and which FFPs might be good for you , if its just one to collect miles randomly rather than loosing them or a FFP to get a status in another alliance (assuming you travel enough to keep both)

Last edited by fifty_two; Mar 7, 2023 at 8:07 am