FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotel staff forced entry to guest room while someone is in it?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:42 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ean2015
Ok, it seems there have been more than enough of response since my initial post on this incident.

To put the matter short, I had a mobile check-in 72 hours prior to the day of arrival with my check-in time at around 12:45 PM which on the same day I received the notification around 11:45 AM that my room is ready on the app so this has given everyone a clear ideal that the room must have been checked twice or thrice by a supervisor housekeeping.

They tried to override the door locked and opening the security latch were because they said they received report from housekeeping in the morning that the door lock were broken so they needed to come in to fix it. Well, this excuses is a bit dumb tbh because they could have phone the front desk to check whether the guest is already checked-in as it was 4:35 PM and when there were a security latches then a ring of bell is a courtesy no?

The escalation went up all the way to the management and they have checked the door access lock and also the security footage, admitted it was their mistake for the break in without following the SOP. They offered me to move to a different room which I have declined as it has no relation to the security breach I faced.

The issue has been resolved with the management itself as I was about to brough it to the police.
Thanks for reporting back. Seems there was incompetency with hotel staff, but thankfully nothing malicious. Glad you were able to resolve with management to your satisfaction.