FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas lounge access with BA Silver Exec Club membership
Old Mar 7, 2023, 5:36 am
Never Stansted

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ajhemingway
Hi,

I'm flying Heathrow-Singapore-Sydney-Cairns on Friday, followed by Cairns-Sydney-Singapore-Heathrow a couple of weeks later.

I'm flying in economy with Qantas (QF2 out and QF1 back).

I have BA Silver Executive Club status but struggling to understand whether I qualify for lounge access on this basis alone. Realistically, I'm only interested on options (if there are any) at Heathrow, Sydney and Cairns, because I'm only in Singapore for 90 minutes in each direction. I've never flown with Qantas before, and never travelled via Sydney, so a bit clueless as to whether I'm entitled to anything, especially as I'm only travelling on an economy ticket.

Many thanks for your help. Alex
As you have Silver status, you'll have access to any lounges that allow oneworld Sapphire members regardless of which class you're travelling in. At Heathrow T3 you'll have an excellent choice, including the Qantas and Cathay Pacific business lounges. You could also go to BA or AA, but I wouldn't. Elsewhere on your journey the oneworld lounge finder will show what's available. Airport Lounges: oneworld Lounges & Airport Lounge Access | oneworld

I know that there are some exemptions from the usual oneworld access rights for the Qantas domestic business lounges in Australia so hopefully someone with experience of those rules might be able to assist further.

Have a good trip!