FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge {US-CO}
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:05 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Stayed at DT Breck (managed by Vail Resorts) 1-2 weeks ago. Very unpleasant experience prior to check-in with trying to request a room in a specific area of the hotel, unanswered voicemails and emails, no help with speaking with 2 different front desk agents prior to check-in, never able to speak with a manager during 4-5 calls prior to the stay and also during the 5 night stay. Was put in a room far from where I wanted to be.

Wrote a verbose email and sent it late Saturday night to many people; hotel manager, assistant manager, director of rooms, Vail Resorts CEO, Breckenridge COO. Received a reply an hour later from Vail Resorts Hospitality COO, who had the email forwarded by and discussed it with Vail Resorts CEO. Just spoke with him for 45 minutes (while I’m at Hyatt Place Park City).

He agreed that my original request was reasonable and that the hotel’s response was terrible. Long story short, he’s going to ensure the hotel refunds 3 nights.

But, most importantly (as was mentioned to me a few times while I was at the hotel) immediately after ski season the hotel will commence a significant renovation. The hotel staff told me it would be rebranded as a Conrad, the Hospitality COO told me it would be rebranded as a Curio by Hilton. Nothing they can do about the convoluted floor layout and multiple elevators (it’s built on the side of a hill).

Stay last week was otherwise similar to other recent reviews: great location (for skiing Breck), dated property in need of refurbishment, worker bee staff excellent, no bedbugs or mold (as was recently reported in some reviews). Excellent Diamond breakfast benefit; full breakfast buffet including omelet station.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Mar 12, 2023 at 5:21 pm Reason: typo correction