FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:24 pm
Jim tidwell
Suspended

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
My father acquired his lifetime DL membership via Western. Although born in the 1980s, I heeded his advice about buying lifetime lounge memberships as a twenty-something.

Right out of college I bought a life CO Presidents Club membership, followed by a TWA Ambassadors life membership. I'll echo the feelings of others who still have a bad taste left when AA did not honor the program.

Regardless, a few years later AA offered lifetime Admirals Club memberships for a brief period of time (Three months?) so I signed up.

Immediately after the DL/NW merger was announced, I bought a life WorldClubs membership.

Overall I'm quite happy not being locked into one airline; it also occasionally means being able to pick and choose from lounges, i.e. at HNL the AC used to offer showers, the DL SC better food and the NW WC better drinks.

Ironically I now spend most of my time lounging in Centurion lounges; fortunately the $550 annual fee is basically a wash after $200 in airline fee credit, $200 in Uber credit and Boingo acccess.