FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terminal 5 passport control
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2023, 2:15 pm
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I think that travelling for a cruise, a couple of additional questions might come into my thoughts:
  1. Does missing the connection cause me to miss my cruise?
  2. What happens if my bags don't make a short connection?
The way to avoid (1) being an issue is to have an idea what alternative flights exist from Heathrow to Stockholm later in the day, including those from other carriers (logically there should be some from SAS I would guess) and having some padding anyway. That puts you in a better position when discussing with BA at the transfer desk if you miss conformance. (2) has the potential to be very annoying, I don't know exactly what happens with bags and bag forwarding when you're travelling on a ship (I haven't watched all of CWS' youtube channel). Usual advice is to pack what you need to enjoy a few days in hand luggage, and then pick up other things as you need them, but may be difficult onboard. In any case, well worth checking provisions of your travel insurance for both circumstances.

The connection is tight enough at 1h50 that I would be a little concerned about a late incoming or a stand delay, but I'd expect I'd make it most times.