FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie wants to do 8 night in London and Paris with Hilton Honors Aspire Card & 450k
Old Feb 26, 2023, 11:01 am
yakel

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Point to point may be 38 minutes. But in my experience, there’s usually wait times and walk times. Of course that’s true of any metro or bus transport. But for me, being able to walk out the door and experience my vacation/city right away is worth a little extra money for good location. Also nice to go back to hotel sometimes during the day and recharge or clean up before dinner. If you’re staying in Massy, you probably will only want to do the RER once into the city each day.

Many of us on this thread have lived in Paris and are just trying to help you with your questions. But everyone has different priorities. And if that hotel in Massy for whatever reason is your priority, then just book it and plan for the RER.
Completely agree...having lived in Paris, the RER/Metro and buses are fantastic, but again as has been mentioned, there are slow downs and rail strikes on some days, so you cannot be certain every single day you can get into the center of Paris on the RER. Also as mentioned here, it's always great to be able to stop off at a convenient downtown location to take a break or whatnot.