FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Convince me that I should go to Sicily
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:21 pm
marcopizzaiuolo

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
As per my previous message , Ortigia would be my one destination amongst the one recently mentioned. I did it as a day trip but without the stress of having to do absolutely everything as I will surely be back (CTA is a nice 160tp Ba trip from London that helps retain status).

As it was still summer for us, we first went to Arenella Beach for the morning and then went to Ortigia from around lunch time to dinner. Parked the car just outside of the ZTL (Parcheggio della Marina) and walked the whole length of the Island (centre and west side mostly). Must see are the Duomo (Cathedral) with a small entry fee, Church of Saint Lucia alla Badia, Maniace Castle, Arethusa Spring, the general Panoramic views from near the Spring and the Port (particularly nice at Sunset).

Food is generally great everywhere on the east coast of Sicily, but if you can book in advance, I would highly recommend Ristorante La Medusa (Via Santa Teresa) where they have very good fish, both grilled and fried.

Last edited by marcopizzaiuolo; Feb 24, 2023 at 7:33 pm