FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Evisa & Visa on arrival for India
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2023, 3:55 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Explore
No luck with the Indian government website. Couldn't get beyond about the second screen, where after pressing "save and continue" on multiple browsers, multiple times, it just takes me back to the same screen to fill in the same stuff. And this is after clearing cookies etc.

So I went to a visa expeditor service, which got me the 5-year visa in a day, for around $200 more. With all the IT expertise in India, I'm surprised the government couldn't do better, but I guess it is the government.
“The site is buggy and some of the bugginess is sometimes IP specific. And sometimes it’s buggy because the site can’t handle the traffic. And sometimes it’s because the filled in departure date is too close.”

I suspect that there are also some internet and database security settings used by the Indian government that sometimes come into play with the traffic problems and other bugginess I experienced on Saturday/Sunday too.

Paying a visa facilitator 3-8x the cost of a functional evisa isn’t for me, but sometimes it makes sense to pay the extra money to get results in a way that may feel less frustrating.