FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:40 am
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GoBirds
It is quite nice when they do that. I find it happens relatively rarely with me, and to be honest, I rarely eat when I fly, but I too appreciate the gesture when they offer it. Interestingly, the last time I flew BA F, they did that with me, and also the purser came up to me at the beginning of the flight to thank me for my business. He didn't do that to anyone else in my cabin, so I suppose that suggests that they somehow knew that I was a CK?

I completely agree that small things like this definitely add value to my CK status.
Yes, BA flight attendants know you're a CK, as opposed to just a OneWorld Emerald -- I've been recognized like this on BA metal also (when it happened, the FA got the wording reversed and thanked me for being a "Key Concierge" instead of a ConciergeKey). It must be distinguished for them on their passenger lists somehow.

Interestingly, BA Concorde Room access (to which you are entitled as CK) still requires you to show your CK card and doesn't seem to register for them when they scan your BP, so it's interesting the FAs on board can see it, but the lounge agents can't.