FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Secrets Impression Moxché -- Playa del Carmen REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:51 pm
WaterBottle18

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist
Hey all,

Looks like Secrets Impression Moxche now has tons of points availability for standard rooms throughout the next year, yay!

I've been heavily debating SIM vs. Ziva Cancun for a January 2024 trip. I understand that they're in very different areas and geared towards different travelers, so here are some of my initial thoughts:
  • SIM is a fantastic redemption, and I fully expect the points cost to go up from the current 21k-29k range, which is why I feel like I should book it now before it goes up.
  • I've never been to the Cancun area, or a Mexican All-Inclusive resort, and I feel like Ziva Cancun would be a great introduction to AIs.
  • I have a SUA to use, and it looks like SIM's SUAs don't really get you much, whereas I can get an ocean front corner suite at Ziva Cancun.
  • I will be traveling with my partner, we're both in our early 30s.
  • SIM sounds like it's more geared towards a romantic, low-key couples vacation, whereas Ziva Cancun is much larger and has more entertainment options. Honestly, both sound appealing to me, so I think I'd be happy with either one.
I'm really mainly leaning towards Ziva Cancun because of its proximity to the airport, to a larger city (I might want to venture off and try some restaurants/go shopping in town), and because it's my first AI. The main pull for SIM is that it's a fantastic points redemption right now and I would love to try it eventually, but I'm worried that the points price will skyrocket to something like the other Secrets Impression property within the next year.

What're your thoughts/opinions on the two choices?

Thanks!