FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:04 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by josephstern
Has anyone figured out a way to charge lift tickets to their room here? I'd love to get the Chase Hyatt multiplier on the lift tickets….
Outstanding attitude, my compliments . Unfortunately I’m not aware of a way to do it, I've never even received 3x for lift tickets .

… the best move for me. …
Best move if possible, would be to buy Buddy passes or possibly SWAF (ski with a friend) passes from a friend who has an Epic Pass. For next season it might even be less expensive to buy Epic Passes (which are only sold ~April through September). I just skied 5 days at PC with friends who only ski once a year. For the 5 day skier it was least expensive to buy a 5 day lift ticket online a few weeks in advance but that 5-day ticket ticket was more expensive than a 2022-2023 Epic Pass purchased earlier in 2022. For the 3 day skier, it was least expensive to buy 3 of my Military Epic Pass SWAF passes. (Military Epic Pass does not include Buddy passes.) No longer certain, but any Military ID* might still get a 50% discount on a one day ticket at Vail Resorts ticket windows/offices as it did a few years ago (before I purchased my first Military Epic Pass).

… (…off-topic)…: does anyone know of any credit card that gives a multiplier when buying Park City lift tickets online?
This is FT, we love off-topic discussions . Epic Pass and lift tickets (few years ago) have never coded as “travel” expenses for Chase (Sapphire Reserve or Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred) multiplier. I use a card which gives 2x on everything (AmEx Blue Biz +).

(* Vail Resorts has always been VERY generous to Military, probably due to Vail Ski Resort being founded by veterans of the 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), which also why some of the trails at Vail are named for WWII Italian battle sites (e.g. Riva Ridge).

“During World War II, the United States Army created a training center fourteen miles south of Vail called Camp Hale, where the 10th Mountain Division trained for alpine combat. Made up of excellent skiers and mountaineers, the 10th fought in mountainous Northern Italy. Upon return, they became major players in the quickly growing ski industry, founding or working at over 50 resorts in the U.S.

The 10th trained hard to live, sleep, climb, ski, and fight on snow in the harshest conditions. During maneuvers, the 10th would lay down their skis on the snow, throw their double sleeping bags on top of that and call it good for the night.

One veteran of the 10th Mountain Division, Pete Seibert, returned to Colorado skiing after the war to join the Aspen Ski Patrol and Aspen Ski School, and eventually became the manager of Loveland Basin Ski Area. Earl Eaton grew up in Colorado and began skiing at a young age. By 1940, he was working for the Civilian Conservation Corps in Glenwood Springs and ski racing in Aspen, where he met Seibert. Seibert and Eaton began looking to develop another ski area in the Rocky Mountain region, during the winter of 1957 they first climbed a peak that they believed to be well-located with good snow and agreed it would be the perfect ski area, calling it No-name Mountain, which later became Vail.”)

(I personally wish the 10th Mountain Division was a Navy or even a Marine Corps unit … but nobody’s perfect! )

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Feb 17, 2023 at 12:15 pm Reason: clarification