FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piņon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:06 am
martzipan

Originally Posted by Kacee
IMO pretty much all the Sedona properties offer a very poor price/quality ratio. We use VRBO. For the same (or lower) price as the Hyatt, you can get a really nice 2 or 3 bedroom home with a view.
Agree. I stayed here a short while ago on the public timeshare presentation offer, so with the bonus points the net cost to me was about $200 for 3 nights. Honestly, I would not pay regular rates here, be it cash or points. The location is decent, close to Soldier's pass trails, fairly close to shops and restaurants both north and south of the property. The hot tubs were good too, although the pool was an eyesore under construction. It's a shame their base studios all face the courtyard and no view.

I inquired about breakfast when checking in, and the FD said they don't have F&B here. Turns out they offer complimentary coffee in the "activities" house in the mornings, 7-11am, the one close to the hot tubs. I wouldn't have known if I didn't go there to pick up robes and towels to use at the hot tubs. Seems odd they didn't mention it at check in, even when prompted about breakfast. Worked great to fill up a thermos before heading out for a morning hike.

The rooms are in ok condition, but quite dated. We got take out one night and ate at the small table by the couch, it's a very unstable piece, super easy to rattle it enough to spill your drinks.

The timeshare presentation was fairly low pressure. In a funny twist the agent herself told us this cannot compete with our set up in terms of how much we are paying for some of the vacation rentals (e.g. $130 per night all in for a mid week winter stay in a 1br in Tahoe). She wanted to shut it down right there, and I felt awkward and kind of wanted to say, oh it's not so bad, I can see how it could make sense for some people... A bit of a reverse psychology going on. Basically, they didn't do anything crazy to push us to buy.