FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westjet Economy Preferred Seats
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:44 pm
flyerjay

Westjet Economy Preferred Seats

Does anyone have any information about the "preferred" economy seats (the first few rows of the economy section)? Specifically I'm interested in those on the 787 (first 6 rows), the 737-700 (first 2 rows), and the 737-800 (first 4 rows). On their seat selection page, they charge a higher fee for these "preferred seats" and list "extra leg room" as a benefit. I called and spoke with a CSR who stated they have a few inches more legroom, however I can't find any other information about these seats anywhere. On SeatGuru and other similar websites, they don't indicate anything different about these seats. There are some videos on YT, but they don't mention anything about these seats. I've booked these based on the representation made by the CSR and to keep my DW happy, but I'm questioning whether I should expect any benefit for the $$ I paid (other than sitting at the front of the plane which I really don't care about).

These seats aren't to be confused with "premium economy" - I'm not talking about those, which are substantially more expensive and have much more room.

Thanks for any info anyone has.