FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:10 pm
synzero

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Regular Delta flier here, but due to Delta temporarily changing their flight schedule and no longer doing late evening flights to LAX (a change they have reversed now, thank God) and I have to say, underwhelmed by the "new" SFO Centurion. Last time I was here was pre-pandemic and pre-switching my loyalty from JetBlue to Delta, and the menu is really disappointing. Most of you already know this, of course, but I remember the days when they tried to hire local chefs to curate the menu - those days long gone. Just lukewarm chicken thighs and overcooked, dry string beans, dry and unappetizing rice, dried up pita bread. I am a tea guy and SkyClubs serve Harney and Sons tea, a creditable line of teas, this lounge just has Twinings which is basically Lipton's with an English sounding name. The expansion is underwhelming as well - long, awkward walk back to a room in the back, no design sense, no attempt to do anything particularly special with the new layout. They added space but clearly didn't want to spend money on an architect, interior designer, or anyone who might have done something a bit more clever. Despite not being here for years it looks the same and the new design looks like a DIY project, slapdash and poorly thought out.

The SkyClub at SFO is dated at this point but overall is still a far preferable experience, to me. Sweeping views of the tarmac, food, while nothing to write home about, is generally a step above this bland cafeteria style fare. Absolutely no reason why I would ever want to go out of my way to come here instead of the SkyClub, honestly, and I'm relieved I'll be able to go back to my usual Delta flight which the powers that be have thankfully restored to its proper position in the flight schedule.