FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motto by Hilton - Rotterdam Blaak {NLD}
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:10 pm
HadesNL

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Lightbulb Access for the impaired

Looking back at Rhys' review for HfP + the comments about accesibility for the impaired / less mobile amongst us,
I took a look at the Motto's exterior before i should attempt to invite the inlaws for a dinner at Pesce (plus satisfy my curiosity) to see what the provisions are for those unable to climb the front entrance steps.

Front entrance at Botersloot 125 : note the steps and no ramp available

If you need to come by car or want to pick up/drop off :
opposite the front entrance is some parking at Herenplaats
(paid at parkingmeter with debit/credit cards or mobile parking apps)

At the far left of the main entrance, one may find this side door with an platform elevator lift

Refer to Rhys his review of his allocated King room (the larger more spacious type) and see those match the windows on the right hand side denoting its location.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/0...m-blaak-hotel/
Might be useful to know this fact if one can persuade reception for the larger room to be allocated instead of the smaller one

Instructions to dial for assistance

If parking at Herenplaats is full due to the TUE/SAT Binnenrotte outdoor market / public events / Feyenoord Rotterdam football matches than the alternative is to try parking at Parkbee Botersloot
- warning from inlaws : this garage is 1 way alternating entry/exit, underground with very tight cramp spaces
- from the neighbourhood grapevine, word has the electric door of this garage seems to have the will of a John Carpenter movie ...

Parkbee Botersloot
https://parkbee.com/nl/city/rotterdam/poi/botersloot
offers "very cramped" parking space around the corner of the hotelbuilding, actual address is Librijesteeg 18

More information

Hope this information is useful for those less nimble travellers and for those needing to plan ahead to minimize walk distances or traversing steps

Last edited by HadesNL; Feb 13, 2023 at 9:24 pm