FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 Airline/Elite Status Plans
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:07 am
DrMilano

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Spent 2022 as a UA 1K, DL DM, and AA PlatPro. Not impressed with UA, as IAD and EWR are dumps, United Clubs are awful, and Polaris cabin soft product needs a lot of improvement. My upgrades cleared at higher percentage on UA > DL > AA, but at least DL has a ‘full” selection of PDB when offered compared to UA and AA of sparkling wine or OJ. With ‘free’ tablet/laptop Wifi on Delta starting this month, this is an advantage over UA and AA. At least sitting in DL Y there is live TV, compared to AA and UA staring at a blank seat back. Being based in CHS, my closest AA hub is CLT, which is an other crowded dump, as I prefer ATL over CLT or IAD. DCA is OK. When connecting in the New York area for offseason TATL, JFK is preferred over EWR, especially with the JFK Centurion Lounge. The new UA EWR club is nothing to write home about. Regarding partner airlines, DL has a tighter alliance with AF/KLM, compared to UA with the LH group. DL will solve issues with AF/KLM, whereas UA will punt and good luck dealing with LH group when an issue arises.

Therefore, 2023 will have 90% of my travel on DL, as I remain UA gold. Maintaining DL DM with $20k MQD spend shouldn’t be an issue, especially when booking premium cabins on either AF/KLM. DL also has the most direct flights to either LGA/JFK from my home base of CHS.