FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How bad does onboard catering need to get before UA invests in improving it?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:16 pm
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I think folks need to remind themselves that FT is far less than 1% of UA revenue/overall flyers. I don't buy into "everyone" is griping about it.

A vocal subset of people have issues with the catering and seem to believe that complaining about it after what is now years will make a difference.
Wait so are you honestly telling me that airlines don't make decisions based off of FT?!?! All joking aside, I think that you sort of highlighted the crux of the problem; the vocal subset are routinely flying UA and will more than likely continue to fly UA regardless because of corporate agreements, ease of upgrading, hub captive, etc. So we aren't helping the problem. And outside of that small subset, is the passenger flying Polaris once or twice a year that is also paying full price, someone that could care less about the food and will pay the premium for a nonstop; thats not helping the problem either. So again if UA isn't seeing any particular revenue hit because of crap catering, they are laughing all the way to the bank.