FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'dreaded' A bus gates
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:26 am
Visconti

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
It's mainly the BA crew that keeps my flying BA. The LHR-ATL F crew was really good, as was my CAI-LHR crew. The problem was the hard product CAI-LHR as well as the F ground product, which apart from the dated CCR is simply absent. The CCR food was really nothing special, the service was slow to absent, even though the ambience was nice and relaxing. The LPGS, once it arrived, was as usual the saving grace.
It's been many years since I've had the pleasure of gracing the hallowed halls of the CCR, but after my recent experience in the F lounge next to it (I recall, in the past there was a station in front of the escalator where BA staff depending on one's tix & credentials directed one either into the F or CCR lounge), I'd definitely prefer the CCR, with or without the fancier food or beverages. I'm not sure if it's just a recent phenomenon, but I don't ever recall seeing an "F" lounge this full? As I had asked the DL Forum about the Skyclubs, how are all these people getting in there?

It was next to impossible finding a seat and felt more like an Asian J lounge, rather than F. On the bright side, I loved the pies they were serving! I must have feasted on 4 or 5 of them, and was starting to get funny quizzical looks from people around me. We don't often get good pies in the States, unless it's of the apple variety. Assuming there is a next time, I'm going to save my appetite and enjoy even more of them!