FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Someone obtained my boarding pass and got on my flight
Old Feb 5, 2023, 9:25 am
StevenSeagalFan

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by Strawb
Just landed at LHR. So during the meal service the cabin Manager informed me that the guy was actually OK to travel, he had missed his KLM connection to London and had been sent to Gate D31. Not sure why that is but I'm pretty sure no KLM flights use the D gates for London. Cabin Manager told me that the guy wasn't even aware his boarding pass wasn't in his own name. Somehow the system at the gate - not KLM or BA apparently - spat out a boarding pass in my name for him. I don't buy that. Judging by the incompetent look of the gate agent when the scanner beeped and informed her that I had already boarded, yet she still let me on board, me thinks the gate agents are a bit clueless and I have no idea who they are contracted to.

I need to complain about this because my personal details including my FF number were on my boarding pass and under GDPR my personal data has been clearly breached. Not only that but it is shocking that a passenger managed to board a completely different airline to that on which he was booked, bypassing security procedures along the way. What if I had missed my flight? I need to complain to BA and, if necessary, the Information Commissioner's Office.
I don’t think FF number would qualify under GRPR, I could be wrong though. It can be found in the trash pretty easily.