FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:29 am
thomasd21

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Booking QR redemptions on BA.com

Might be a bit of a niche one, but as we can now book QR redemptions on BA.com, it’s thrown up an interesting question for me that I can’t seem to find the answer to.

Having just booked a QR redemption on BA.com LHR-DOH-BKK in J and then F, I noted the following:
  • They’re issued on BA-125-21… ticket stock
  • The flight numbers are QR, not BA codeshare so effectively BA is booking onto QR prime(?)
  • BKK is not part of the QRJB, per the BA standard customer guidelines
  • BA sent the ticketing email, linking their own conditions of carriage page, but they don’t seem to cover flights on other carriers that are NOT codeshare

Ultimately, it got me thinking: Which policy / guideline / airline conditions of carriage am I covered by if (a) QR downgrade me on one or both legs and (b) if QR cancel my flights?

I suspect for (b), it is the Prime Other Carrier guideline for cancellations, but for (a) I really have no idea. Additionally, the Prime Other Carrier guideline also shows ‘rebook same class as original, or class allowed in the fare rules’. How do I go about finding the fare rules in this case?

As ever, I’d like to be in the know about this before any situation arises’
Many thanks